- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Special Needs Trusts
- Formation and Administration of Private Foundations
With Sommer Udall Law Firm Since
- Kenneth concentrates his practice in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration, and Special Needs Trusts. In addition, advises clients in the formation and administration of Private Foundations. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trusts and Estates Lawyers (ACTEC) and a member of the Santa Fe Estate Planning Counsel He has been active in the Real Estate and Probate Division and the Taxation Division of the New Mexico State Bar Association.
- Mr. Bateman has lectured on issues relating to estate planning to professional and lay audiences.
- B.S., Oklahoma State University, 1961
- Prior to graduating from Southern Methodist University, attended the University of Auckland School of Law in Auckland, New Zealand
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, 1965
- Admitted in 1966, New Mexico, Colorado, U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado and U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Served on the Boards of the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, the McCune Foundation and the Historic Santa Fe Foundation
- Current Board Member of the Melville Hankins Family Foundation, the Ralph T. Coe Foundation for the Arts, and the Patricia Arcott LaFarge Folk Art Foundation
- Nationally, served two six year terms on the Board of the Presbyterian Church USA Foundation and eleven years as Chair of the Board of the New Covenant Funds, a family of mutual funds
- Amateur Radio (KF5QGD)
- Fly fishing